Wednesday, August 16, 2017

It Was Worth the Effort



Pain filled the rooms of my mind
Like a tidal wave of sin.
I couldn't make it stop.

The water crushed my soul
With a thousand pounds of pressure.
But I couldn't make it stop.

I crashed from the forces
Of evil as they marched in.
Please, I can't make it stop.

My lungs burned from the pain
My heart beat out of rhythm.
Will this ever stop?

As I lie on the floor, unable to move
From the pressure of the blows
I was.

Quiet waited with me
and after the storm had passed
I was still.

The wreckage surrounded me
And all was in pieces but
I was still me.

On my hands and knees
Soaked to the bone but alive
I was still me but

Forcing myself to rise
I let the new sun dry my clothes
I was still me but now

The strong warm breezes
cleared the water from my soul
I was still me but now wiser.

I picked up the pieces, determined to reassemble them only to find, in the end, a more beautiful picture than what was before. It was not easy looking at each piece and deciding where it should go. It was hard, in fact. But the picture, the new beautiful picture, was worth the effort.










No comments:

Post a Comment