Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's either just the rain or I am actually really pissed off.

I've been living in Florida for one week now.  I have crossed off quite a few of the entries on my list of things that must be accomplished including changing over the tags on my car and transferring my MD driver's license to a FL one.  Last night, despite the three nightmares in a row, I slept in later than 4:30 in the morning.  I'm going to have to learn how to use the DVR because I missed Mr. Ed.

As I'm writing this, I see that it is pouring outside.....again.  No draught here!  Yesterday when I was driving Jesse to the airport to catch his flight back to Baltimore, I nervously drove through a deluge.  I'm sure the intermittent storms are normal for this time of year, but they are bumming me out.  Add to that being pissed off that at 50 I am starting my life over, well, just ask my mother if her tongue isn't shredded yet from biting it.  Yes, I am pissed off and the weather isn't helping.

Those that see the glass as half full tell me that I should look at this as an opportunity for new beginnings that I otherwise wouldn't have.  While I understand this on an intellectual level, my emotions are wearing boxing gloves and mouth guard while dancing around the ring looking for a fight. 

The good news?  Trixie the cat is showing signs of feeling more comfortable around the house when it isn't just me walking around.  Shadow the dog can't wait for Trixie to want to play with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment