Friday, June 10, 2016

Can you give me more blasé?

"I cannot be Zen now and rise above!" Susan screamed it at the top of her lungs. "I am so sick of EVERYTHING!" More screaming.

"I don't want to talk about it so stop." Randall was not going to give in. He turned and started walking away.

"I am sick of you not wanting to talk about it. I am sick of it being a protected topic with you. As a matter of fact, I am sick of YOU!" Susan's fists clenched. The carotid arteries on the sides of her neck bulged.

Still walking away, Randall replied, "Fine. But I know you. You'll change your mind."

Susan watched his back as he continued to leave. "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" She screamed as she raced towards him and tackled him. They both fell to the ground.

"What the fuck!? Susan! Stop!"

"No. I'm not going to stop." She shoved his face into the sandy beach. "You will listen to me, goddammit!"

Spitting out sand and wiping his mouth on his sleeve, Randall got up on all fours. "Jesus, Susan!"

Still perched on his back, Susan kicked him in the ribs. "Woo Hoo! Ride m' Cowboy!"

Randall cursed again. "Son of a bitch!" Susan started to slide off his back as he attempted to sit up so she grabbed his hair and held on tightly.

The director yelled, "Cut!"

Anna let go of Billy's head and slid to the ground. Billy sat back on his haunches and rubbed his head.

"Sorry, Bill."

"No problem. It's in the script." He gave her a wane smile.

"That was fantastic but let's try it one more time. I want to see as much anger as you can muster, Anna, and Billy - see if you can give me more blasé."

The actors looked at each other.

"Anna, think of a time when you felt completely powerless. Maybe when you were a child. And you felt wronged and couldn't do anything about it," the Director suggested. Anna nodded.

"Bill, try to find a place inside where you know no empathy. Almost like a sociopath. No conscience. No sense of wrong. You don't care what Anna, or Susan, says, you aren't wrong."

"OK," Bill replied.

"Great! Places everyone. We're going to do this again."


 





No comments:

Post a Comment