Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Match Me Up!

Over the 4th of July weekend I joined eHarmony.  It was free so I figured what have I got to lose?  As it turns out, I have lost some money and some contentment.

I ended up shelling out some cash because otherwise I could not see my matches' pictures.  What the hell?!  How would I know if I am reading information about a Boris Karloff lookalike or Ryan Gosling's twin?  Looks aren't everything but they are something.

My next question is...can these men really be this active?  They play golf and tennis and that is when they are not kayaking or working out.  They are sailing and fishing and that is after they have just finished riding their motorcycle from coast to coast.  They love day trips and jetting off to Europe is a terrific getaway.  I know I am introverted and that kind of curtails activities that involve a lot of other people, but this all is making my head spin.  They love to make everyone laugh, they are great with their finances, and if they weren't so busy making their nearly adult or adult children the center of their attention they would have already cured HIV.

When I finally walk in the door after a long day at work and the commute,  I am greeted by the two cats and the dog.  I pick up Poppy who is hopping around wildly and while I am being treated to kisses, kisses, and licks I more often than not make a straight path to the bathroom where Poppy is put back on the floor.  Having finished taking care of me, I take the Popster for a walk.  That takes about 20 minutes.  Once back in the house, all of the critters are fed.  After that, I do whatever cleaning up is needed and then I think about dinner for myself.  Maybe I can start to relax between 7:30 and 8:00 pm.  I am exhausted and just want to put my feet up.

On the weekends I am running errands, doing laundry, cleaning the house if I can motivate myself, and giving some time to my mother.  There are pockets of time for the beach and a movie.  Maybe here again I run my life differently because I am an introvert.  I have to have down time.  I can only recharge that way.  If I could find a friggin dominoes player I would love to do that but there aren't any dominoes groups that I can find and I have looked.  What is my passion, you ask?  Writing.  I love to write.  Now there is an activity everyone can enjoy doing together.

So, back to these men.  When I have talked about this to friends and relatives they ask me if I really think they do all the stuff they say they do.  Just because I am an honest person doesn't mean everyone else is and I so often forget that.  It is not surprising to me that just one man since I joined that holiday weekend has contacted me.  At the same time, it was stressing me out!

Phooey on that.  I am so Type A and goal orientated that I had to take a step back and force this into perspective.  If no one reaches out to me, then so be it.  If no one gives me an online smile back to the one I send, then...so be it.  If I never meet anyone through this mother effing website, then so be it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment