Saturday, October 18, 2014

Old Soul

My massage therapist, Eric, has to be the sweetest person on the planet.  It is his spirit that I connect with and find comforting.  Being around him I feel peaceful.  I want to talk, which is not my normal behavior.

Last night I treated myself to a birthday massage.  When I couldn't keep quiet any longer I blurted out to him how sweet he is, twice because embarrassing myself once wasn't enough.  He replied with, "Thank you.  I try to be," and then continued to educate me on the wonders of digestion.

That in and of itself is sweet.  He didn't deny it.  He didn't say he thought I was crazy.  He didn't stop the massage and walk out.

I can feel his caring nature through his touch.  He is a healer.  As a matter of fact he is going back to school to become a nurse.

I think he is an old soul.  I also think we've known each other in past lives.  When I first met him, I instantly felt comfortable around him.  He probably isn't aware of this but the first couple of sessions together he was finishing my sentences.  Even last night I was blabbing on and on trying to explain something to him.  Finally giving up on it I said, "I'm probably not making any sense."  Eric replied sincerely, "No.  Not at all.  I know exactly what you are talking about."  He wasn't bullshitting.

My soul is drawn to his even though there is more than a twenty year difference between us.  I think he acts older and he admitted last night when I told him how old I will be this birthday he thought I was younger.  

His hair is dark like mine and when he sports a beard it makes his impossibly blue eyes pop even more.  Frosting on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment