Sunday, May 9, 2010

Which Leads to More Tests Monday, January 25, 2010

I have the ultrasound results. Bottom line is that there are suspicious lymph nodes on the right side of my neck 1/2 way between my jaw and collarbone deep in my neck. The left side has a bigger tumor and because that side of my neck is where the cancer mostly was is of more of a concern. Doc believes that these are the reason my thyroglobulin levels continue to increase and that these were there but not seen or removed during the initial surgery. So, I am having the needle biopsy for everything. There will be someone from the Pathology dept. during the biopsy so I will be able to get some kind of initial answer immediately. If it is all ok, that's it. If further research is needed, I will know that then, too. If the final report is positive for cancer, surgery is the next step.

At first I was very upset by this news. I am calmer now. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment